The Thomas Grinding Stump Eaters can help radically increase the speed of your stump grinding.
Both models are built with the Sandvik Dura Disk II Stump Cutting System. This tried and tested system will provide a boost in productivity with a smooth cutting action that produces less vibration. The Dura Disk II system holds its cutting edge longer and has no bolts to shear.
The Dura Disk II system brings many advantages over other technology.
- Up to 50% increases in productivity, due to higher cutting efficiency
- Smoother cutting action, lower induced vibration
- Less chip spread
- Longer tool life
- Larger thicker carbide for durability
- Harder carbide to hold cutting edge longer
- No bolts to shear – No rights or lefts – No gauging
- Replace any tool independently with 15/16 socket
- Tools and pockets can be moved to opposite side for additional usage and uniform wear
- There are only two types of teeth used on the disk
Cutting Wheel Components
- Long Plow Bolt Bit — The same Long Plow Bolt Bit is used on both sides of the disk. This simplifies tool replacement and enables you to move a worn bit to the other side of the disk for additional use. The use of thicker harder carbide tips, increase durability and wear resistance. This keeps tools sharper longer.
- Long Plow Bolt Bit Pocket — The same plow bolt bit pocket is used on both sides of the disk. This simplifies tool replacement and enables you to move a worn pocket to the other side of the disk for additional use. The plow bolt design of the bit and pocket index the bits automatically and prevent rotation.
- Short Plow Bolt Bit — The short plow bolt bit utilizes the same features as the long plow bolt bit (see item 1).
- Short Plow Bolt Bit Pocket — The short plow bolt pocket provides automatic positioning and gaging for the short plow bolt bit.
SANDVIK© is the industry leader in carbide technology and the DURA Disk II™ tooth carbide is a full .40 square inch — nearly twice a thick as competitors’ carbide
The thicker, larger carbide provides a larger cutting edge that resists wear while the tooth shank is of heavy duty forged construction that is guaranteed not to shear.
Low profile Design
The DURA Disk II™low profile design increases efficiency by as much as 50%. A low profile means reduced drag with increased penetration so loads and stresses are reduced on the teeth and pockets. This produces smoother cuts with less vibration.